The purpose of this event is a fund raiser to support our educational, charitable, and conservation activities.|
Some of those activities include:
Along with a buffet dinner, the event features many silent auctions as well as raffle items. While the silent auctions are typically guided trips, the raffles also include non-fishing related items for men and women.
- "Fishing Has No Boundaries" - provides a day of fishing for the handicapped every spring.
- “Project Healing Waters” - a volunteer, non-profit organization that serves military personnel who have come home wounded or injured to aid their physical and emotional recovery by introducing or rebuilding the skills of fly fishing and fly tying and by using and enjoying these skills on fishing outings and as lifelong recreation. We provide both volunteer support as well as significant financial support for this organization.
- Casting for Recovery Retreat - provides annual fly-fishing retreats tailored for women who have or have had breast cancer. CFR provides retreats at no cost.
- B.U.F.F. Volunteers - teaching Fly Tying to Disabled Veterans at the Cincinnati V.A. Hospital.
- B.U.F.F. Volunteers - teaching children how to fish at fishing days in cooperation with Hamilton County Parks.
Winners of the 2017 Fly Fisher of the Year, Board of Directors Awards, and President’s Awards will also be announced and recoginized.
Registrations are now closed.
To see who is registered,